Saturday, September 08, 2007

Oh, about the title

Since my original choice was taken, I had to make a quick decision on my title. And I came up with a line from an incredibly obscure novel. How obscure is it? Well, I just checked on Wikipedia and it doesn't even have an ISBN number. Now that's obscure.

I will buy a steak dinner (or the vegetarian equivalent thereof, if so desired) for whoever guesses the novel that it came from. Maybe if I get some readers for this thing, I'll actually start dropping hints and you can go on your own Dan Brown-style hunt for the book.

Right now, I'll just say that it's an espionage novel from the 1960s with a very unexotic locale and a very twisty plot. The author has a wicked sense of humor which I love. Is it a classic? No. Will it be remembered more than anything by more serious authors? No. But I enjoyed reading it nearly 30 years ago and I'm still hanging on to my copy for more than just a three-word phrase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home